The Virtual Reality Rendering Engine
The PMR Type Virtual Reality
This model of reality has been progressed to the point of describing the type of Virtual Reality within which we find ourselves. The basic way that our reality of the PMR VR type is generated and progressed into the future based upon probabilities has been described, although we do not begin to know anything about the actual algorithms used by The Big Computer for this purpose. Fractal scale subdivisions can only be speculated about by observation of the result. We are at the point of attempting to adequately describe the aspect of TBC which is further added to the original function as a communication hub and manager of the participant IUOCs within the VR to produce the specific functions that define the VR experience of a PMR type VR. We do not begin to know how much development time and effort went into coming up with the completed design that we experience versus the initial attempts. We can only work backwards from our PMR experience to understand the general class of PMR type VRs as best we can. There are vast and varied numbers of PMR type VRs with different rule sets and IUOC populations and levels of development. Ours is, per Tom Campbell, at the kindergarten or early primary grade school level in terms of the general development level of the IUOCs involved with a constant incoming stream of 'beginning level' IUOCs that hold the level of our PMR experience to that low level of QoC and high entropy level. There is a leavening of more developed IUOCs working here to advance the purposes of AUM in various ways as well as the great majority of lower levels of development.
Functions of the Virtual Reality Rendering Engine
In the technical fields of engineering and architecture, there is a need for a computer program that provides the function of taking a design as expressed in terms of construction and fabrication details and generating a 'picture' of the device, product, house, 'skyscraper', etc. as it will come to exist. This is needed for the aesthetics of the design process to be worked out and also for purposes of 'selling' the design to managers, financiers and customers. Such a function is part of the needed functions for the creation of the new Meta Reality paradigm of PMR type VRs. Within this PMR type of VR, humans and other creatures in general require the results of the senses of sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell to be provided as a simulation in a data stream for their interpretation in a manner suitable to their type of being and decision space of their consciousness. This is taken to be the function of the Virtual Reality Rendering Engine (VRRE) as being a function added to the previous functions of TBC to clarify this aspect of the creation of our PMR VR experience.
Specific Requirements of the VRRE
The following things are clearly required functions of the Virtual Reality Rendering Engine or specific things that are known to occur or results of the design of the VR.
- Appropriate approximations must be made by the VRRE for fractal levels of the PMR VR that cannot be directly or fully perceived and experienced by a VR simulated entity. Other fractal levels which cannot be perceived at all by a specific IUOC participant in the VR will be deleted out of the digital data presentation entirely.
- Whatever sensing modalities an entity being depicted as taking a part in the VR action sequence possess, a matching data stream must be generated by the VRRE and passed to the IUOC assuming the role of mind or decision maker for that entity. If for example only the presence or absence of light can be sensed, then that is what is portrayed in the data stream. If poorly focused black and white vision is what that entity is capable of, then that is what is included in the data stream. If full color binocular vision is the capability of that entity, then that full range is presented in the data stream. If separate visual fields are sensed from 2 or more 'eyes', then that is what is represented in the data stream. If specific disabilities exist for an entity being portrayed, then those are present in the data stream as compared to the data stream of a normal specimen of that entity type. Most disabilities are a part of the role based upon the rule set of the VR and thus present within the data stream while problems of subjective interpretation of the data stream by the IUOC are within that IUOC. A suitable subjective interpretation by an IUOC is only available if a suitable prior experience is available to that IUOC as a model for the new experience. If a suitable experience is not available, a 'guess' will be made in an attempt to make sense of the data stream. This can produce 'interesting results'. The same type of considerations apply to all of the senses of PMR humans and other beings.
- To the NPMR experience of being a self as a mind thinking 'thoughts' and interchanging them with other NPMR entities is the addition of the perception of being a mind within a physical body. Instead of exchanging what are perceived as thoughts with no distinction between internal and external as there are no bodies in NPMR, IUOCs at the human level participating in a PMR VR exchange physical signals or body language and vocal noises, most optimally in terms of information content if at the level of a 'language'. Such IUOCs do not have access to their true 'internal' thoughts relative to their VR participation but rather to a limited part of the internal thought process as selected by the VRRE and provided as a part of our 'internal' perceptions relative to our perception of us as our VR self. There is too much sheer volume of internal thought process and higher speed of our internal thought processes as an IUOC relative to the internal processes represented here in the VR to experience more than a selected sampling as appropriate to that experience.
- The VRRE function can make significant mistakes or 'glitches' in performance. There are published accounts by Suzanne Segal, Bernadette Roberts and on the My Big TOE bulletin board by Ted Vollers regarding himself and someone that he has known. These glitches involved the loss of internal dialog, potentially fear and disconnect from the feeling of being the initiator of action, the self, and even displacement of the point of view of the visual field to a point outside of the body while continuing to perform more or less as normal in the normal activities of the VR experience. The IUOC continues to make the decisions involved in the PMR VR experience, but the rendering presented to that IUOC has errors that can be more or less continuing or can be subject to further change pretty much at will. The VRRE apparently has no way to know that such an error is occurring unless the IUOC involved gets that message to it. This requires understanding and Intent on the part of that IUOC.
- The VRRE function in terms of the existence of a minimal distance increment and time increment for the VR results, as Tom Campbell has explained, in the establishment of the speed of light in a vacuum, the basis of special relativity, based upon these limits of the VR representation. A basic establishment of the Einstein based Theory of Relativity. Thus the speed of light in a vacuum is an inherent result of the nature of the PMR VR rule set.
- The VRRE function in terms of the display within the data stream of the transition between the physicality of the VR display to the information based Consciousness System underlying and generating the VR representation as a digital data stream results in the anomalous experiences of Quantum Mechanics as the very smallest 'quantum' levels of the VR are displayed. Based upon this, Tom Campbell has explained how his Model of the CS and VR reality results in this kind of anomaly as the lowest quantum levels are displayed if there is an apparatus in place and in operation to permit such a level of observation versus the non display of those levels if there is not such an apparatus in operation. Present PMR science is in the process of discovering other naturally occurring quantum effects if one knows where and how to look for them at higher scale levels of fractal representation of the VR.
How the VRRE Controls our Experience of PMR
Based upon the above general discussion of the functions of the VRRE in creating our PMR VR experience, we are now prepared to discuss how the VRRE aspect of TBC essentially controls our PMR VR experience. How this is accomplished will be presented in a little more detail on the next page of the Model.
We are now ready to move on to discussions of the experiencing of the PMR VR.
Unless that is, you feel the need to return to the previous page to consolidate your understanding.
To return to the Link page for all of the MBT Model, click here.